New Year's Weight Loss
Weight Loss Hints
5 Ways to Calm Hunger Pangs
1. Have a substantial breakfast
2. Choose complex carbs and get more fiber
3. Eat on a schedule
4. Emphasize high-volume, low-calorie foods
5. Eat protein
1. Whole grains provide instant energy which lasts for a long time
2. Vegetables and fruits fill your stomach and provide essential nutrients with less calories
3. Low-fat dairy products like milk, yogurt and cheese are rich in proteins, calcium and other nutrients
4. Nuts and seeds are also rich in protein and make you feel fuller for a long period of time.
BUSTED! 5 Major Eating Mistakes
1. We can't tell good fats from bad ones. Avoid saturated and trans fats. Look for monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats in foods like fish, nuts and avocados.
2. We super-size to save money. It may save money but there are way too many calories in the bigger size provided.
3. We think anything liquid has no calories. Sugared drinks balloon your calorie intake and squeeze out more nutritious foods.
4. We don't know how hungry feels. Tune in with mindful eating. Eat slowly, pausing to rate how your hunger changes.
5. We have a microwave addiction. If you must eat a frozen entree, be sure to complement it with a green salad, 100% whole wheat roll and fruit for dessert.
For more information, contact Amy Schwartz at 410.559.3534 or email@example.com