FAQs about JCC Habimah Camp
Habimah Performing Arts Camp at the Owings Mills JCC
- Ages: Entering Grades 1-6
- Sessions: Two 2-week sessions (the second 2 weeks will provide a different experience from the first 2)
- Dates: July 6-17 and July 20-31
- Cost: $545 for 2 weeks (discounts available)
- Times: Camp Day is 9:15am to 4:00pm
- Transportation? Express Bus service from PH and Chizuk Amuno
- Before/After care? Early Drop Off and Late Stay available in OM and PH 7:30am start and 6:00pm close
- What is it? A Multi-disciplinary performing arts camp giving the children exposure to all different types of arts from high-quality teaching artists from the Baltimore area. There are fundamental classes (acting, vocal, and dance) as well as elective options including, puppeteering, instrument creation, synchronized swimming, magic, stage makeup, mime/pantomime, audition workshops, stage combat, drumming and more
- Final show? The campers will feel the thrill of performing in a final showcase to demonstrate what the campers have learned will be held on the final Friday of each session, in the state-of-the-art 550 seat performing arts center The Gordon Center.
- Who teaches? Professional, high-quality teaching artists from local arts organizations will lead the workshops, and each bunk will also have two counselors with strong performing arts backgrounds.
- Besides the arts, what else? Recreational and instructional swim and outdoor time, eating lunch outside, and Shabbat sing alongs on Fridays
- Any Field trips? Yes! One each session- all access backstage tours and more
- Where will they be at the JCC? Students will have workshops in the Gordon Center, the Morstein Performa (our black box performance space), dance studios, and the ceramics studio and whenever possible we plan to utilize the gorgeous outdoor campus at the JCC
- Pre-requisites? Every level of talent welcome!
- Camp Philosophy: Every child an innate artistic talent just waiting to be discovered and nurtured. Children will enjoy a welcoming, positive, and supportive community, grow religiously and as artists, discover and grow new talents while increasing self-confidence, and HAVE FUN!
- What's new for 2015? Children entering 6th grade now welcome! A newly designed track for entering 1st graders! Instructional swim! New schedule with elective options! New teaching artists!