FAQs about JCC Habimah Camp
Habimah Performing Arts Camp at the Owings Mills JCC
- Ages: Entering Grades 1-5
- Sessions: Two 2-week sessions (the second 2 weeks will provide a different experience from the first 2)
- Dates: July 7- July 18 and July 21-August 1
- Cost: $495 for 2 weeks
- Times: Camp Day is 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Transportation? Express Bus service from PH and Chizuk Amuno
- Before/After care? Early Drop Off and Late Stay available in OM and PH 7:30am start and 6:00pm close
- What is it? A Multi-disciplinary performing arts camp giving the kids exposure to all different types of arts from high-quality teaching artists from the Baltimore area. Workshops will include Bucket band drumming, acting/ improv, global dance, stage combat/ Shakespeare for Kids, singing, craft activities and more!
- Final show? A final showcase to show the parents what the kids have learned will be held on the final Friday of each session, in the state-of-the-art 550 seat performing arts center The Gordon Center.
- Who teaches? Professional, high-quality teaching artists from local arts organizations will lead the workshops, and each bunk will also have two counselors with strong performing arts backgrounds. Already confirmed, we will have Maria Broom, a leader from Chesapeake Shakespeare Company, Jordan Goodman from Beatwell drumming and more!
- Besides the arts, what else? Recreational free swim and outdoor time every day, eating lunch outside, and Shabbat sing alongs on Fridays
- Any Field trips? Yes! One each session included for 4th and 5th grades – backstage tours and workshops at local theaters like Centerstage
- Where will they be at the JCC? Students will have workshops in the Gordon Center, the Morstein Performa (our black box performance space), dance studios, and the ceramics studio and whenever possible we plan to utilize the gorgeous outdoor campus at the JCC
- Pre-requisites? Every level of talent welcome!
- Camp Philosophy: Every child an innate artistic talent just waiting to be discovered and nurtured.
- Enjoy a welcoming, positive, and supportive community
- Grow religiously and as artists
- Discover and grow new talents while increasing self-confidence
- Thrive on self-expression and trying new art forms
- Experience the thrill of performing
- Have FUN!