Health and Safety Training
We regularly offer the following certification courses:
• First Aid with Adult CPR and AED
• CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
* US Olympic Committee/American Red Cross Sport Safety Training: for coaches, trainers and others in the fitness field - includes injury prevention and care
* Wilderness and Remote First Aid: for scouts, outdoor enthusiasts or employees in remote environments - this 16-hour course gives you the skills and confidence you need to respond to an emergency when help may be delayed
In addition to these courses, we also offer regularly scheduled opportunities for professionals (such as doctors, dentists, nurses, lifeguards, personal trainers, etc.) to recertify CPR and AED skills through a Challenge exam or through a shortened Review course.
Please contact the Aquatics Office for additional details.
Standard First Aid with CPR/AED for Adults & ChildrenWhile you can't predict when an emergency will occur, you can be prepared. In less time than you think, American Red Cross training can give you the vital knowledge and skills you'll need to respond to a life-threatening situation with confidence. Red Cross First Aid and CPR training will teach you to:
- Care for conscious and unconscious choking victims
- Perform CPR
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) on a victim of sudden cardiac arrest
- Give first aid for a variety of injuries, such as burns, wounds, head, neck and back injuries, and heat and cold-related emergencies
- Manage sudden illnesses, stroke, seizure, bites and poisoning
Upcoming ClassesView current Program Guide